Which clan are you a part of: turtle, frog, butterfly or thunderbird?
Native American Astrology
This is a spiritual system that uses a twelve-month calendar and connects birthdates with power animals, elements, seasonal animals and animal clans. Native American astrology connects each birth date range with a clan animal. There are four clans: butterfly, turtle, frog and thunderbird.
If you are a member of the thunderbird clan, then you have the eagle as an animal spirit companion.
Thunderbird Clan Member Birthdates
March 21st-April 19th
July 23rd-August 22nd
November 22nd-December 21st
What Thunderbird/Eagle Offers
“The Thunderbird, to the Native Americans, is most often depicted in the form of an eagle. This was the great spirit who controlled lightning and rain, punishment and reward. To the Plains Cree all eagles had mystical power, and these powers could be shared by anyone who possessed part of the bird. To align oneself with eagle medicine is to take on the responsibility and the power of becoming so much more than you now appear to be. To accept the eagle as a totem is to accept a powerful new dimension to life, and a heightened responsibility for your spiritual growth.”–Ted Andrews, Animal Speak
(1) With eagle, you have access to spiritual growth and power, as well as the ability to move easily between the spiritual world and the earthly plane of existence.
(2) Eagle asks you to be willing to explore your emotions and connect more deeply to your inner child for healing, and for a greater sense of passion and creativity.
(3) Eagle offers alchemy and purification as you fly into your own sun! You may be given a healing role both for yourself and others.
(4) With Eagle, you have access to new vision, and an ability to see clearly into past, present and future.
How to Connect More Deeply
(1) Use Cedarwood to enhance intuition and connect with the Divine. Meditate and then journal about any insights or intuitive information that came to you.
(2) Write in your journal every day for at least 21 days. Notice any judgements you are making about others and write about any aspects of those traits in yourself. At the same time, keep a gratitude list, writing down at the end of each day what you are grateful for that you experienced.
Eagle can teach you to see from a new perspective, to connect fearlessly to every hidden part of yourself, to let go of judgement, to heal and grow spiritually and remain grounded at the same time.